Sunday, January 16, 2011

First blog post. Weird!

I'm not much of a picture guy, so I'll post in a very different manner than does my wife. Most of what I post will probably be text. So those of you that like pictures will relish in my wife's posts, while those of you that rely on words will love mine.

I've been having a trouble with my work situation lately. Because of a clerical error, I wasn't allowed to do my student teaching in the Spring term, which means I'll have to wait until Fall to do my student teaching, which means I'll lose an entire year of teaching experience. Because I'm an old man, that means I'll start even later, which isn't a great thing for me. So I've been looking at private schools at which I can both do my student teaching and get paid for it. So far, it's been a tough road because so few want to hire a teacher with no actual experience. We'll see if I can get hired for next school year; if so, you can read about it here on the blog. If not, we'll be digging into our savings as I do my student teaching and then try to patch together jobs here and there to make ends meet.

Still, life goes on, and our oldest is learning every day. She's learned to spell "cat," "dog," and "and" (her first "scripture word," to which we'll add many others from the scriptures), and she's working on memorizing the Articles of Faith (she actually finished the first one today at church!). She seems to relish mental work. Bub, on the other hand, works best with his hands. He's very into his "sword," (a piece of the edge of a puzzle mat he got for Christmas), and swings it to protect his siblings. When he's not not beating on them, that is. The youngest is small and prone to crying to get his point across. That said, he's generally pretty content with life. He's had his own room for about a week now, and sleeps through the night, which was a shock to us. He never really did that when he was sleeping in our room. Who knew he'd need to get away from us to get some rest?

Hopefully I can get hired. Hopefully it won't cost too much to move. Hopefully we can keep living the Gospel. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully...

2 comments:

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

i like the text posts! I get to learn about you guys more! Good luck with the job stuff. Real life kinda stinks huh?! Thom's got a great job yet we still struggle to make ends meet in this crazy money sucking world!

The Wilsons said...

Love BOTH of the new updates--with photos and without. Best wishes in all!