Thursday, February 23, 2012

So it's been a while.

So it's been a while since my good wife last wrote here. I'm a space filler, once again. A lot's happened to us over the past couple of months. We had another baby. #4 is named Gideon Davis Adams. We weren't sure which name to put first, but Anika chose at the last minute and the name stuck. We're not sure of the nickname for this kid yet, and might go with none. We're tossing around "Giddy-up" and "G" but nothing is sticking. Thoughts?

I am looking for a teaching job anywhere in the U.S., and am applying all over. Mostly I look for jobs in the Midwest, because Anika wants to go back there, but I'll take what I can get. Any ideas?

We had our first snow on Sunday. A few inches later, and it's supposed to hit 70 today. Wait, what?

Below is Gideon. His pictures were taken by our friend Leah, who did a great job! I'll let Anika post about the snow and whatever else she feels like posting.

2 comments:

The Wilsons said...

I've been meaning to congratulate you for awhile, but pretty much I'm a slacker. As things are generally better late than never...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

How about you just call him "Super Cute"?

Oh, wait. That applies to all of your kids.

I guess I have no suggestions. Sorry 'bout that. :(

Anyway, congratulations, congratulations, and congratulations! I wish you the best. You guys are amazing.

AND...we moved with a Rubbermaid food container of yours that I've hoarded since the dinner swap days. I was saving it out to return it to you as we got ready to move, but in the chaos of our move, someone else (who knows who? we had so much help!) packed it. Hmmm.

Well, I'll stop typing lest I incriminate myself further. Just know that, in the midst of my slacking, I AM thinking about you all. You guys are great--and missed!

Good luck with the job search, John. I know how much you'd LOVE to live in UT, so if you find any prospects out here, we'd be excited to live near you all again. ;)

The Wilsons said...

Wow. That's a novel I just wrote. Sorry!