Thursday, September 8, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days

Tuesday night I was at a relief society activity (read: church ladies' group).  There have been quite a few new families moving in lately we we had a get to know you activity.  We filled out surveys with questions like 'what superpower would you like to have?' and 'what is one skill/talent you would like to learn?'.  First thing in my mind-organization.  I started talking to a friend, Erin, about it.   First thing she said to do was to get rid of stuff.  Well the next day I found this!  And I thought 'perfect!'.  It's a plan and it's baby steps.
Usually I would want to do massive projects.  You know, completely empty the cabinets (or room) and put it back together piece by piece.  But, what do you know, that just doesn't seem to work with three curious little ones.  So I decided to go for it.  If you'd like to see the original list (and the blog I found it on-thank you pinterest) go here!

Oh-and I would totally want to fly:) 


The point-to piece by piece get stuff out of the house!  Where there is clutter there is a day.  On each day the goal is to remove at least one bag (some days the bags will be bigger than others) that will get tossed from the house. 
This is my list for the next 40 days.

40 Bags in 40 Days

1. Front porch
2. Utensil draws in kitchen
3. Living room shelves
4. Living room corners/baskets
5. Kitchen closet
6. Under kitchen sink
7. Fridge (in and on top)
8. Spice cupboard
9. Office desk
10. Office shelves
11. Closet (my clothes)
12. Closet (my shoes)
13. Closet (John’s side)
14. Dresser drawers
15. Toy bags (my room)
16. Bookshelf (my room)
17. Entertainment center-top
18. Entertainment center-inside glass doors
19. Ducky’s closet
20. Ducky’s room
21. My bathroom drawers
22. Babe/Bub closet
23. White room closet
24. Kid shoes
25. Under my bed
26. Upstairs closet
27. Downstairs closet
28. Lia Sophia shelves
29. Scrapbook cupboard
30. Upstairs bathroom
31. Game cupboard
32. High cupboards in kitchen
33. Laundry room shelf
34. Back porch
35. Low cabinets in kitchen
36. Downstairs bath
37. My car
38. Kitchen counters by sink
39. Kitchen counters by back door
40. Kitchen recycling/counters

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anika, this is fabulous. I may start some modification of this soon.