Friday, September 16, 2011

Ye Olde Spice Rack

Alright, I don't have a spice rack.  Although I found I do have way too many spice bottles (canisters? jars?).  First thing I decided to get rid of was this:

While I rather like it-I love wood, it's really nice having my wooden spoons right there and it spins (John's favorite feature) I've decided it's time to let go.  I'm not very good at keeping things organized and having spices in multiple places really isn't going to help me much.  It's a shame, especially as it was a wedding gift (ouch).
I pulled out all my spices and found I have a number of duplicates.  With some mixing I got down to only two sets-I still have two containers of nutmeg and two of sage.  But by the time I got the spices back in I found a lot more room and moved stuff from one cabinet to the next.  In the end I was pulling stuff from 8 different cabinets!  I took before pictures...but not of 8 cabinets. 

So
not the best before an after picture.
It's too bad because I managed to fit way more stuff in there.  And, of course, pull out my '8th bag':)
  
I re-organize 3 other cabinets, but the pictures are about the same as these.  But I did (practically) empty out two other cupboards!  Which is good because I need a little more space.

Why?
Why else?

Because of this guy:)


I should know better, but I sent him to the store with a grocery list that included "chocolate". 
I didn't say what kind or how much.
Just chocolate.

And this is what that guy brought me:)






Two ginormous bags of mixed chocolate (snickers, kit kat etc.), yorks, 3 packages filled with hershey bars and a few bags of ghiradelli chocolate chips.
Wow.
I think I'm set when it comes to chocolate:)

Does it get better?  I submit that it does not:)

Thanks, John :D

No comments: